Sunday, March 13, 2011

Time Change

We set all of our clocks back when arriving home last night which is suppose to help in the morning but it ISN'T HELPING. Dragged myself out of bed at 6:00am and stumbled into the pitch dark laundry room to throw another load in. It is now 7:00 and I should be leaving for the farm but can't make myself leave the heater and cup of coffee. Perhaps by 7:30am after 2 cups of good strong coffee I can be on my way.
This is one minor convenience of not living on the farm. Someday we will be out there.
Last night we were visited by John the Ghost. Rhoda is at her new apartment and Sarah is on a work team helping with the flood damage in Nashville leaving Mark and I empty nesters. That's us and the 2 dogs. The dogs were lying quietly in front of the heater, Mark was in the dining room working on books and I was here in the playroom on the computer when something crashes in the kitchen. When checked there are 2 metal hairspray cans that were on the marble counter and both have jumped off the counter on to the floor. By this time it was close to 9:00pm (really 8:00pm) and both of us are exhausted so head up to bed. We get to the top of the stairs and see the projector is missing from the ceiling just the wires are hanging down and the WI game is turned on and buzzing. The power was pushed to turn off the buzzing sound then I head into the laundry room to start a load of towels. Mark hears a sound and says,"aren't you going to turn that buzzing off?" The game turned itself back on. Of course he thinks I didn't know what I was doing when it was turned off the first time but I watched the light go out and the buzzing stop. That's when we start blaming John the Ghost. He is the perfect scapegoat for anything broken or missing. He sneaks up the stairs from the basement and hides important things like keys, hairbrushes and purses. He breaks glasses and bowls when no one is around. He empties the garbage out onto the floor spreading it throughout the kitchen hallway study and living room (oh wait that might be Emma).
Mom was very gracious to drive over and check the mares this morning saving me a trip out. She called to tell me they are VERY pregnant and no babies.

2 comments:

  1. i may know who's responsible for the projector missing....but the garbage & hairspray cans i know nothing about...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha... that house is so big, you could have a person off of the street living in it and you wouldn't know. way too many rooms.

    ReplyDelete