Thursday, March 31, 2011

Mom Update

This morning mom tells us that she is feeling much better but then proceeds to tell of her night time experience. She woke up around midnight feeling faint then started having terrible indigestion and thought she was going to vomit. Now what are we suppose to think? Her blood pressure was where it needed to be this morning and she did look good, well as good as a 79 year old very fit mother of 11, grandmother of lots and great grandmother of many could look. I would put the correct number except I don't know how many.
We had one incident on our walk this morning. Sasha, Rachel's dog was again in the middle of the dam crouching like she was waiting to attack. Diane went ahead to tell her to go home while mom and I stayed back with the dogs. Sasha, instead of leaving started growling and barking and actually came at Diane. Now most people would back off but not Diane, this made her MAD!!! "You BAD dog, go home!" she yelled in a deep voice, picks up a rock and launches it at her. Sasha instead of backing down again came at Diane, by this time we are all yelling at Sasha, Diane finds a bigger rock starts running (in her own way, hey it's not easy to run with artificial hips)toward Sasha yelling, "YOU GO HOME YOU BAD DOG!" this worked.
Earlier Philip asked me to pick up a computer at the Sauders and bring it back for repair and I have to admit I was a bit apprehensive about going over. Diane gets in the car with me with her big stick but both Sasha and Saber were very subservient when we got out of the car. The computer was taken to the shop where Philip is quick to tell me I brought the WRONG one. It will be back to the Sauders to try to hook this one back up and find the one needing repair.
At the farm none of the mares are in season that we want covered. Izadora is now in but she is still too thin from nursing that bruiser of a colt to consider breeding her now.

Now for me in this turmoil of moving:
NIV
Philippians 4:11-13
I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through Him who gives me strength.
KJV
Philippians 4:11-13
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

I have had people ask me why I use the KJV, that is the version of the Bible I memorized as a child. This is the one that is familiar, it is a beautiful version very poetic but sometimes hard for people today to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment