Thursday, March 17, 2011

5:00am Phone Call

The phone was on the headboard just in case Lily would go into labor and when it rang just before 5:00am in my mind I'm planning on how quickly I can get to the farm. Instead a man starts talking about being Michelle's husband and the transmission went out. It took a few minutes for my mind to wake up, get out of the panic mode and into real life to realize this means don't go to Iowa. Today Michelle and her husband were driving down from Minnesota and I was to start driving up from Hanna City to meet them somewhere in Iowa with Caden. Time for Plan B which will probably be the shipper coming through early next week. Caden will be kicked out of his deluxe stall and back into the foal paddock where I'm sure he will stay clean until then. NOT!
Perhaps it will warm up enough to give him a real bath before he really leaves.
No phone call from Steven so the mares must have had a quiet night.

No comments:

Post a Comment