Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Tall vs Short

What is it with all the short Friesians out there? I was reminded of this today as I was showing Selena and her colt. The man kept commenting "WOW they are so tall!" You should have seen his reaction to Raven! We don't just breed for height, we also want good conformation and beauty. No one wants an ugly horse even if it is the best riding horse around. I was looking on the internet for a purebred Friesian mare to replace Samantha and Sanna as I had a lady interested in buying them as a pair but I can't find any purebred Friesian mares over 16 hands for less than $30,000.00 I will have to tell the lady interested in them that I just don't want to sell them. Samantha is a true 16.1 and Sanna sticks at a little over 16.2. I didn't realize how special that was. Watching the Friesian horses at the Midwest Horse Fair, made me realize how truly blessed we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment