Monday, April 13, 2009

Busy Day

This was a hard morning to wake up to cold about 34 degrees, rainy and very very wet. What a change from our vacation waking up with beautiful sunny warm weather and hearing the ocean crashing onto the beach. Amy Koch's very cute and smart puppy locked her truck by hitting the electric locks when she was looking out the window. It would have been fine except the keys were in the truck. This gave Amy and I a chance to sit and talk while we drove to Tremont to pick up her second set of keys. It was a nice break. Then down to work. Once I finished at Meister Brothers I drove out to the farm to tease the Andalusian mare and move Salena and her colt out of the breeding paddock for a mare that is coming in tomorrow. Heather from St. Louis called me this morning to ask if she could bring her mare in. She said she heard of a Friesian stallion that was imported to the states about 20 minutes from her barn so she thought she would take her mare there but when she saw him she changed her mind. She said is willing to drive 4 and a half hours away as Raven was far nicer. That was kind of her to say. I prepared a double stall for her mare. She has a Raven filly by her side so I want her to have plenty of room. I moved Lily into another double stall, I think Steven is going to spend the night at the farm so he can watch her. Lily usually foals early and we have never caught her foaling. By the time I was done, Karin was ready for some help with Ribbon. We are going to be heading to Madison, WI for the Midwest Horse Fair on Thursday so the girls are practicing today and Wednesday. Ribbon was very fresh from not being worked for a week and being turned out with the herd. She can be a handful. Once the vaulting finished I thought I may as well tease the Andalusian mare again. She was due to come in season today according to her sonagram last month. This time I brought Raven over to her. She came out of the shelter to squeal and kick at him. Raven was very disappointed. I got everyone grained, then headed to the store so I will have food to make for supper. All in all it was a good day.

1 comment:

  1. I'm the photographer of the Indiana Friesian Horse Association. I would LOVE to come out and meet Raven and maybe take some photos of him? He's just beautiful. :)
    http://larissaallen.com/

    ReplyDelete