Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lily's Filly

Lily had a filly! We are so thrilled, this is her first one and this one will NOT be sold. Lily is our pride and Joy and I have wanted a filly from her for 4 years. Her first 3 foals by Raven were colts so each year I would let the colt be sold in hopes that the next time she would have a filly. This filly is EVERYthing I have been breeding for. She is ALL black, strong, big, and she has great conformation.
I put Lily outside last night and wouldn't you know she foals! We had an inch and a half of rain last night and rain during the day yesterday so when the sun broke through, I let her out into the paddock for some free time. By the time I got there, the baby was standing on her own and nursing well. I'll have to borrow Mark's camera for pictures.
Anni was bred today but Mike thinks she is going out. I'll try Lady tomorrow. Emily Ricketts is going to take Anni as soon as she is confirmed in foal for training. Emily did such a good job with Big Sally that we are thrilled she is willing to work Anni. Anni is going to end up being a favorite, she already is sweet and willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment