Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Grace


I had to go to the hospital today to see my new grand daughter, my mom went with me to see her new great grand daughter. Did I mention she is the sweetest, most beautiful baby I've seen in about 19 years?
After we got home from Bloomington, I drove out to the farm with more Senior feed for Grace. It is $16.26 a bag delivered to Bridlewood. One of our more expensive feeds but for Grace we will buy it. The Andalusian mare is still in and Raven was very anxious to get her covered. She stood well with no sign of going out. I'm waiting for her to go out to call the vet for sonagrams. We want to get Chiquita, and Lady sonagramed and Grace and Raven's teeth done. Poor Grace. She was beat up pretty badly while I was in Wisconsin. She was accidentally put in with 3 other mares and evidently they picked on her terribly, broke fences and kept Grace away from the food and water until Rhoda found her on Sunday and rescued her. Steven stayed up all night feeding her senior mixed with water every 2 hours. She is on Banimine and today looking better, she may still make it. Rhoda thought we were going to have to put her down. Grace is 24 years old and to put it nicely NOT an easy keeper, this is the last thing she needed. I also started her on pasture, the grass is coming up well and that is very good for her. She is grazing and that means she is walking around. I am still giving her Senior feed but now only 2 to 3 times a day. This morning I had Sarah Reinhard let her out of the stall, then I got there around 1:30, fed her and put her back out into the field. I left the door to the stall area open so if she wants to come back in she can. I'm encouraged today that if nothing else happens she will be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment