Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Heavy Rain Expected!


This is unbelievable, the weather man just told us that heavy rain is predicted for overnight. I think we are going to drown in mud! Thank goodness for our stalls and thank goodness the barn was built on high ground. From 1:00am to 1:00pm Peoria area has a flash flood warning because of the downpour of rain expected, then on Friday more heavy rain. I think we are ready to start building an ark. Steven drove out to the Hanna City farm to let Lily and her filly out into the field as for sure they will be locked up in a stall overnight. While Lily was grazing, he cleaned the stalls again so tomorrow they should be easy for me. He also checked Big Sally and she is starting to bag up. I guess I need to prepare another foaling stall. She really isn't due until May 12th but it is not unusual for mares to foal out early. She is a lovely mare, she reminds me a lot of Lily but Lily has better gaits. If Sally has a filly soon the girls should look almost identical. The picture is of Big Sally last winter. Doesn't she look Friesian?

No comments:

Post a Comment