Saturday, March 21, 2009

What a DAY

It started early, Bella was suppose to be picked up between 6:00am and 8:00am. We had her cleaned up and ready by 6:00am. At 7:00am Rhoda leaves for work and calls to tell me the shippers are on Airport road sleeping. I tried to call Steven Marchal to catch him before he heads to Hanna City but he didn't answer his phone. I'm debating what to do when the phone rings and it is Steven telling me the shippers are sleeping on the side of Airport road. I told him to wake them up and have them follow him to Bridlewood so we could get Bella loaded and be on our way to Hanna City. They get here and Bella is very good, she walks right up the ramp. This was the first time she had ever been on a ramp so we were pleased. The man leading her up decided not to tie her, shut her in and started walking out the trailer. Bella leaned into the divider, it popped open and she came right back out. I really thought we would have trouble getting her back in but again she walked right in. What a good girl. I signed for her then took off for breakfast at Diane's. She had a wonderful breakfast of sausage, egg and cheese casserole along with warm cinnamon rolls and fruit containing strawberries, rasberries, and black berries. We had a great time at breakfast, the company was even better than the food. Hard to get to work after laughing so hard. Ruth, Fedi, Jessica, Sarah, Steven, mom, Diane, Mike, Mark and I all had breakfast. We worked until about 12:30 when Karin got a call from Rachel that they needed help unloading their new hot tub. We jumped in 2 different cars and drove over to help David and Rachel get the hot tub off their truck and into her sun room. I was actually surprised how easy it was but we had great helpers. Along with our work crew, Ralph also came to help. Then we all went back to Diane's for lunch. This time she made us grilled ham and cheese with munster cheese and honey roasted peanuts with homemade apple cinnamon ice tea. It was delicious and a good break. It was actually a good thing we took that break because we didn't stop again until around 4:00pm. Karin hooked up my truck with the big trailer then Steven and I loaded up the 2 weanlings and brought them to Bridlewood to be weaned and also to give Jewell company. They actually lead pretty nicely until we put them in the paddock with Jewell, then they realized that they couldn't find their moms and did they ever start to call. We decided to clean and fill the water tank while we were watching them to make sure they would quiet down. By the time the tank was filled they were quietly eating at the hay bale.
Karin, Rhoda and Mike went riding, then they picked up Diane and went to Scappechis for dinner. They have the best steaks. If I wasn't so tired Mark and I would have driven the trailer back and then joined them in Farmington but it just isn't worth the drive. I'm really pleased at our progress, we are almost done with Raven's paddock and have a great start on the mare paddocks. I really think by next Saturday we will be able to finish or will be very close to finishing. I wish I would have had my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment