Monday, March 2, 2009

Hay Day

The hay is here! I couldn't wait to fire up my old Ferguson tractor to start stacking it. I kind of inherited the Ferguson when we bought our house from my folks. The tractor was in the garage and since it was needed here at Bridlewood I kept it. The tractor gets the prime spot in the garage, it is much more valuable to me than a car. Without it I wouldn't be able to use round bales to feed, clear and mow fields, rake arenas, and pull stuck cars and trucks out. I learned to drive the Ferguson when I was about 10 years old and it was old then. I'm now 53 so we are talking antique but each winter I get it serviced so it just keeps right on plugging away. Horsemeister has 2 other tractors, a John Deer with a loader at the Hanna City farm and an International Harvester at the Middle Grove farm. We also have an excavator and for Christmas I got a fantastic skid steer. I LOVE IT! We have all kinds of attachments for it and what a handy tool. Sure wish I would have had one of those when we were growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment