Monday, March 30, 2009

Jazz and her colt


I contacted Ean the manager of Circle Double D and told him that Jazz is now for sure out and that we were never able to get Raven close to her. This was very disappointing but he understood. He will pick Jazz and her colt up, then bring them back at her next season. I think I will also talk to Dr. Hoerr about her to see what else I could have tried. We tried to twitch her to see if she would allow Raven near with the twitch but she started shaking so bad we quit. It isn't worth forcing her to accept him I know from last year she does settle down and will stand quietly when she is ready.
I'm heading out to the farm to move Salena in a close paddock for foaling. If I have help, I'll do the mare predictor kit on her to see how close she is. She has a great attachment to Lily so I may need to move Lily in the paddock next to her. Most of the snow has melted and everything is a swamp, I'm glad I have a big barn with a nice indoor arena and a stall barn high enough to avoid all flooding. Believe me the roads are even flooding in the area. The water was running over Hanna City Glasford road last night. This much rain followed by almost 6 inches of heavy wet snow is causing quite a mess. The creek sounds like a rushing river.
Need to take a trip to Morton to Farm and Fleet for more bolts. We used all that TSC had of the 3 inch.
A good note is that Pacheron is sold. The man that bought Athena, Pacheron's full sister wants him. He said he would send the check today and arrange transport within the month. Now I'll have money to pay for all the lumber. YEAH no interest! Pictured is Amy Koch, my best friend for 53 years helping Pacheron learn to stand quietly.

No comments:

Post a Comment