Saturday, March 28, 2009

A GREAT Work Day

What a wonderful day. We left this morning and it was 35 degrees outside. Rain with a snow mix was moving into the area and was to be here before noon. The word went out that we needed help before the rain hit and 18 people showed up to help us. Almost the entire vaulting team came. I can't thank them enough.
We started with another wonderful breakfast at Diane's house. Farm fresh eggs, crisp bacon, sausage, pancakes with warm butter and syrup, toast and to top it all off wonderful coffee cake. The hot coffee and fresh squeezed orange juice just made the meal. We started the actual work at 8:00am and workers just kept pulling up. What a wonderful surprise for me. My eyes actually started leaking. I had to stop working every once in a while to video tape the progress. Each person that came just found a job that needed doing and went right to work. The young girls, all from Karin's vaulting team were invaluable. Every once in a while I'd hear one of the men yell out, "I need a girl here!"
We finished up around 11:30am just as the rain started. Talk about a cold driving rain, wow this was freezing. Everyone was invited back to Diane's for lunch where she served piping hot homemade chicken and wild rice soup along with chips and submarine sandwiches. Steven had to skip lunch to get Prince Caspian out of the rain. I got home just in time to help Steven move Caspian into a stall as 2 ladies were coming from Indiana to see about buying him. He was wet but not too muddy. They got here around 1:00pm and LOVED him and bought him. He will stay with us for about 3 months until they are ready for him but they put down a sizable down payment and signed the contract. They will be perfect owners for him. Just as I thought my day was about done there was a knock on the back door and there stood a cowboy. He wanted to know if I had ever heard of cowboy mounted shooting. He would like to put on a mounted shooting clinic at Bridlewood. Wouldn't Cathie, the Bridlewood instructor just be thrilled, NOT!
I especially want to thank my volunteers today Mark Sceggel, Mike Honegger, Diane Honegger, Karin Meister, Steven Marchal, Sarah Sceggel, Rebekah Davidovics, Anni Davidovics, Jessica Sauder, Ayrn Uden, Lauren Uden, Jozef Davidovics, Sandor Davidovics, Jozsef Barta, Dan Meister, Abram Meister, Jamie Stone, and Ralph Stone. I could never had done this without all of you. Thank you so much for a job WELL DONE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment