Friday, November 12, 2010

Short Trailer

The lady buying Sophie told me their neighbor had a trailer and would be willing to meet me half way. She went on to tell me it is kind of short, maybe 6ft. and did I think that would work. Sophie is pretty low key and I felt she would be ok in the trailer so headed out this morning early. We both pulled in our meeting place the SAME time, amazing when one thinks of the logistics of the trip. I took one look at the trailer and thought uh-oh. It was a sheep trailer and probably 6 ft from the ground to the top but there was a pretty big step up so perhaps the inside of the trailer was around 5ft5in. or so. Sophie was led up to the trailer, I jumped in and just waited a few minutes for Sophie to work out what needed to happen. She had to figure out how to drop her head while lifting her front legs in AND SHE DID IT! I was so proud of her. Once in the trailer she did bump her head a couple of times, not hard, just enough to find out where the ceiling was, then stood quietly while we shut the divider. Berta, the lady buying her was impressed, no drama at all. Good girl Sophie. Berta is more than willing to email pictures of Sophie and Raven's foal once born next March. A Good Trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment