Monday, November 1, 2010

Lost Check

Made it to O'Hare, unloaded and started home with no problem. Pulled up at the shop 11:45am. Paid the first of the month bills, then headed home to pay my bills but first the deposits need to be made. The check for Duke is no where to be found. Saturday was such a chaotic day, I can't remember where I put the check. My filing system was gone through paper by paper, the counters were cleaned off, the drawers gone through and finally even the garbage was emptied yuck! No check. I may have to ask the buyers for another. My last memory of the check is pulling the envelope out of my pocket, opening up the paper it was in to see if anything was written on it then stuffing it in my purse to give to Diane at the party.
All the lumber is ordered for the stallion paddock and shelter, to be delivered tomorrow between 8:00am and noon. The bill came to $1041.00 so I'd better find Duke's check quickly.
Just found out the Northern IL Horse Fest was canceled again and this time only 3 days before it was scheduled to run. Wayne Williams was called and emailed to see when we will get our $460.00 refund. This was always our favorite show and it is sad to see it fail. It was not a fly by night show, this year was the 13th year, we've probably attended 10 of those years.
Steven hauled Bunni, Mika and Sophie out to Middle Grove then spent some time cleaning manes and tails. Lily's mane was in such bad shape hers was roached. Never suppose to do that to a Friesian but Lily is not a show horse anyway. Steven called to say Valiant is just a couple of inches short of Wynne. This boy is gonna be HUGE! We now have 18 horses at Middle Grove, 7 at the farm and 2 here at Bridlewood.

No comments:

Post a Comment