Monday, August 31, 2026

Star Temple & Filly SOLD

 I went over to the horses at 6:30 am to move Jewel, Sally and Missy into the middle paddock as I was sure they would be out of hay today. They weren't out but it was good to move them out of the breeding shed paddock to give them all more room. I was done before our 7:30 am walk time. A 8:10 am I called Hoerr Vet clinic to see if we could get Star Temple in for an ultrasound. Sarah sold her and the buyers wanted to pick her up today. I wasn't willing to send her until we were sure she was pregnant. We were able to get an appointment at 10:45 am. On our walk we 4 sisters met our airbnb guest in the foaling apartment. He had his Great Dane out and that is an impressive dog. After breakfast Mark helped me move a bale into the mare paddock and into Evan's paddock. Our guests were getting ready to move out so I went home and got all the cleaning supplies. The sheets were put in the barn washer while the towels were put in the apartment washer. At 10:00 am Diane and Mike showed up to load Star Temple and her filly into the stock trailer then leave for the vet clinic. 

I worked on the apartment but needed to run back and forth from the barn to the apartment for the laundry. I'm thankful for that fast golf cart. It sure beats walking in this heat.  Diane called to report Star WAS pregnant, about 90 days along. Oliver did his job again.  After the filly was born I could not get Star anywhere near Valiant or Evan. She was so protective of her filly, we finally just took them to Middle Grove. On July 2nd we were out at Middle Grove and saw Star and her filly walking WITH Oliver so I was sure she had accepted him and now we have the proof. We had Dr. Hoerr draw blood for a coggins test and give Star all of her vaccines she would need for her new home in Wisconsin. When Mike and Diane got back to the farm Star was given a bath then turned out and the eta for the shipper was 5:00 pm. Sarah arrived this morning with the girls. They tacked up Penny first then once the girls were riding Sarah brought out Harli, tacked her up and led Zion around on her. 
They didn't do a lot but Harli was nice and relaxed throughout the entire ride. Merlin got into the grain bucket while his mama was being worked.

River was having a good time on Penny while Sarah was busy with Harli.

It was so hot out they didn't ride long. Once River was finished Zion got on to walk Penny a bit to help cool her down and also remind her of the correct aids.

They came over swimming but I went home to get all the paper work filled out for the new owner to be able to register the filly and the 2027 foal by Oliver. At 4:30 pm I went over to finish the floors in the foaling apartment. The shipper ended up 20 minutes late. Berlica brought Jury out so I worked with Berlica on slowing Jury's canter down a bit. Jury explodes into a canter which can scare the younger riders.

The shipper made it by 5:20 pm. Diane and Mike both came over so once I had gone over all the paperwork I had the driver pay Mike while I brought the horses out. Star didn't want to get into the trailer. She had stepped right in on the way home from the vet clinic but this was a new trailer and she didn't want to leave. It took a little persuasion, like maybe 5 minutes. It was a bigger step up than the filly was used to so between Mike and I we kind of lifted her in. The cleaning supplies were put on the golf cart and I was giving Diane a ride back to her house when Beth and Greg pulled up. We sat in Diane's drive visiting. By the time I finally got home it was almost 6:30 pm and 93 degrees outside with no breeze. I was VERY hot. Mark had been replacing all of the parts in two of the grills and now both are working perfectly. He has one more to work on but he too was to hot to want to work outside. We had left overs for supper and will have an early night after a nice long cool shower. 



No comments:

Post a Comment