Today was the Co-op picnic. Joan, Mackenson and Berlica were over early getting all the picnic tables washed off. I needed to hook the electric up on the motorhome as we had someone arriving at 10:00 am. On the way over I saw Berlica and one of her friends just heading out to the trails on Jury and Penny.

The motorhome was hooked up and the slideout put out, then I went into the foaling apartment to make sure that was ready for guests, It was perfect so just turned the lights on and the aircondtioner down then started cleaning stalls. At 9:15 am the lady called to let me know they were just 10 minutes away. I wasn't able to finish stalls before they arrived. They took the motorhome for a test drive then said thanks and drove away. I put it back by the barn then went back to cleaning the stalls. Mark was working on cleaning up one of the grills when I finished the stalls we moved it over to the farm house. He showed me how it worked and it should be easy enough to explain it to the guests coming tomorrow. By the time we got back to the house the place was packed. There were kids on the playground, kids in boats, in kayaks, in the water and lots of adults watching.
A very nice text came in from the lady that bought Basilea. She wrote: Judy-Baslea is the best girl! She is so kind and gentle with the kids. She is settling in very nicely and has made lots of friends at the barn. She sent the video and picture below and gave me permission to share them.
That is a wonderful update! At 2:30 pm we had someone coming to look at the hoist lift Mark was selling on facebook market place.
He commented that it looked brand new and was glad to buy it. We used the skid steer to load it on to his trailer. Below he is strapping it down.
Before going back I had to stop to admire the hay again.
We think this is the best hay we have ever put up. I had to pull some and smell that wonderful scent of sun dried hay. Just admiring that hay in the barn makes me feel we are so rich. The horses will love it. These bales will have to be wrapped before putting them into a paddock so they don't waste any. When we got back to the house I took the video below of Rilla's puppies, now a week old.
At 3:30 pm we left for Bartonville diner for an early supper then drove to Sam's club to pick up the food we need for Sunday Supper. We decided to serve haystacks. When we got home the puppies were gone. Sarah and Nolan made it home from Gulf Shores and stopped here to take Rilla and her puppies. I started browning the 10 pounds of hamburger then got that simmering with taco spices.
While that was simmering the peppers were cleaned and cut up.
All sorts of videos and pictures started coming in from my siblings who are all having a wonderful time and as Ruth says, "They are all in their happy place." The first was just Diane's toes at the bottom of the video and the Gulf on the rest. She was sitting on the beach watching the waves breaking on the shore. I'm not sharing that, it is boring. Dan's video was much more interesting. He took that of Levi in slow motion.
Dan's family, plus Ruth, Fedi and their dog are all camping at Mark Twain Lake in Missouri.
Rhonda sent the picture below. They are out on the Maine Coast with Marvin and Gale.
Joan is too busy to have a happy place right now but she is very thankful for where we live and loves to share it with others.
I guess my happy place is right here on the farm. I always did want to be a farmer. How blest we all are!
No comments:
Post a Comment