Another easy Sunday morning. I found out a couple days ago that we didn't need to haul our dishes over to the barn to wash and take our clothes over so we could have hot showers. MOM'S house has an electric water heater. I can wash dishes here and take showers here. I can even use the washing machine, just not the dryer as that is gas. I sure would have saved a lot of work if I'd figured that out earlier. Mark accidently found it out by touching a hot pipe then realizing it was to the water heater. I still have to haul food downstairs to cook but this morning brought it back upstairs to eat so it wasn't that much to carry up and down the stairs. We picked up Rhonda for church. Mike Kaisner had the morning message on Psalm 90, you know the one that tells us 3 score and 10. Well Friday on our walk we had been talking about that passage. I think somehow those ministers are spying on us here at the lake. If you would like to watch this message click HERE. Roger and Melanie served the lunch. David had the afternoon message on the statement of faith. Click HERE to watch that. We took Nancy home after church. Sarah was here working with Harli and her colt.
Day to day operation of a Friesian breeding farm standing 2 Friesian stallions. We have 6-10 foals each year out of Purebred Friesian mares, Andalusian mares, Thoroughbred mares and Friesian sport mares by Judy Sceggel 309-208-3840 www.horsemeister.com
Sunday, August 9, 2026
Hot August Sunday
She took the video below.
Our Sunday dinner tonight was steak, we had T-bone and sirloin and even a couple of ribeyes. There was more than enough for all to eat as much as they wanted. The reason for that was when I served steak on our family vacation I way underestimated how much those hungry grandchildren eat so tonight we made up for that. After supper Mike and Diane went home to pack, they were leaving in an hour for their flight to Gulf Shores. I needed to find out how to turn the water on in their basement so the horses in the cabin field can be watered while they are gone. When I got back to the barn almost everyone had gone over to the beach. It was really hot and the lake felt wonderful on this hot August evening. They stayed until the sun went down. Zeke was the last one to use the diving board as the sun was hanging low just barely over the treeline but he is at the very end of the video below.
What a wonderful Sunday. So many first and second cousins got to swim and play together today and so much visiting from everyone. We sure do enjoy being together. Rhoda and Lee took Nancy home tonight and I was thankful. That is such a nice gift for Mark and I.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment