Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Organizing & Cleaning

Mark got up around 4:00 am and started the coffee and I must have been smelling coffee in my dreams as in my dreams an old man walked right into our house and asked, "where is the coffee?"  I had my first cup at 4:30 am then started getting the Berean meal together.  Mark was fed early then the horses fed before heading out for our walk. We had a good laugh on our walk today. Mom ran out of checks and Diane was wondering how many she should order. Someone made the crack "at mom's age she shouldn't buy green bananas" when mom said, "I only bought 2 bananas, I'm leaving Saturday. (she is going to Gulf Shores Not PLANNING ON DYING!)
We had a good productive day at the Berean office. If you would like to read about that click HERE.  There will be no Berean on Christmas Eve. We will try to fit in one more volunteer day before the end of the year so check back. Not sure when that can be arranged.
As soon as I got home the organizing and cleaning work was started.  I was SO surprised when I went up to work on the upstairs bedrooms. The grand children have a good time playing up there and I haven't cleaned for a long time. Sunday they had toys spread everywhere. Not only were the toys picked up and organized, the bathroom was clean, the closet was clean. The only thing that needed to be done in the toy bedroom was to get clean sheets on the bed and add a blanket. The other bedroom is kept locked as the Christmas presents were in there. That room needed a deep cleaning and the sheets changed. The upstairs is now ready for company.
Emma does not go upstairs but she was sure curious about what I was doing up there and each trip down with garbage she wanted to check it out.  Emma is our second English Mastiff. We really enjoy this breed of dog and we would never have known anything about them if Rhoda hadn't purchased Darcy as a 6 week old puppy. Now Darcy truly was a special dog. She loved EVERYONE and was actually pretty smart for this breed. In the video below Rhoda is showing just one of her tricks, one she learned very quickly. The Spanish Walk:

Emma turned 10 years old Sept 26th, and the lifespan on these big dogs is only 8-10 years. I'm not sure we want another big dog when we have to say good by to Emma. We had both Emma and Darcy at the Baer house where there was plenty of room and we didn't really notice how big they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment