Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Our Anniversary

Thanks everyone for the birthday messages on Facebook but today is NOT my birthday. This was Raven's birthday and our anniversary. I started that Facebook page for Raven and it was named Raven's Friesians then years later Facebook decided that obviously it was not a real person and made me change that page to my name. So HIS birthday of June 12th looks like mine on Facebook. I get lots of wonderful birthday greetings each year.
We had storms arrive in the middle of the night and the thunder brought Emma into our bedroom where she tried to climb up on our bed. Other than our sleep being disturbed we were both thrilled for the rain.  I only did 1 round of walk today as today is Berean day.  If you would like to read about our morning there click HERE.
I stopped at Diane's office on the way home to do that dreaded job of balancing the check book. I had 3 months of statements to try to reconcile.  This was made worse because I had lost the check book register, started a new one then found the old.  Thankfully Diane took pity on me and helped out with this big job and it only took until 2 hours. I was exhausted when that was finished. What is weird with that job is how it can be exhausting when one is just sitting there staring at a computer screen.
This afternoon Madiera and her filly were let out into the pond pasture to see if she would show to Evan. She didn't but her filly had a lot of fun bucking and running around.


Today Mark and I celebrate our 41st wedding anniversary and I didn't have a card yet for him. When I remembered I ran to Dollar General to pick out an anniversary card and actually passed Mark who had just left there buying me an anniversary card.  We opened our cards at the same time and both burst out laughing. Of all the cards there we had chosen the same card.
After supper tonight Mark went outside to work but I'm taking the evening off and stayed inside to listen on-line to the speaker tonight John Bradle at VBS only going out after he was finished. Mark was busy weed whacking.
I let Star and her colt out to join Madiera and her filly in the pond pasture. Star was also not interested in Evan. Her colt had fun running around. 
 He is missing Foxy's filly and went up to play with Madiera's filly but she kicked out at him. 
 The next time he went up without running at her. 
 She tolerated him for a bit but then put her ears back so he backed off. 
He is such a show-off and seems to love to pose for the camera.



No comments:

Post a Comment