Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Ayanna's Colt SOLD

I needed to bring Ayanna and her colt in as someone had asked to see a video of him. With Karin gone and Rhoda 10 days from her due date I wasn't sure how I would accomplish this. Mark offered to come home from work around 10:00 am to go out to help. On the walk I mentioned that to the walkers and Joan came up with the idea of sending along the 2 Christensen boys to help. I was pretty thrilled with their help. Jenis and Lola were the first to greet us.
 Ayanna was haltered, her colt came right up to the boys for attention.  
 We decided to bring Rosalie and her filly along. The owner of Rosalie's filly is coming next week to visit her. I needed to go check Roxanne's udder as she is due in a month but first I had to wade through all the foals. Below is Galena's colt named Drifter. 
 Below is Lily and her colt by Valiant named Galan.

 Above is Foxy's filly and Below is Ella Skye
 I came upon this colt laying down and he stayed down while I petted him all over. 
 I was trying to figure out which one this could be as there was no mare near-by.
 But soon figured out it was Anna's colt Luka. He is just so friendly and big. He got up and wandered over to his mom. That is Foxy and her filly in the picture with him. There is cotton wood fluff in his mane. 
There was another foal laying down but I got distracted and didn't go check who that one was. I think the bay is Soul's colt. 
  Hadassah's filly came up to check me out. 
 Missy's filly made her way over to Anna's colt and started pestering him. These two traveled out here together and even though she is much younger sticks to him like glue. I think he protects her from the other foals pestering her. 
As I couldn't figure out which mare was Roxanne, all the udders were checked. None of the mares were bagged up. There are still 5 out there that are due and if I would have taken the time to check them all I would have figured out which one was Roxanne but decided to bring Lily instead as Lily should be sonagrammed again and the vet is coming on Monday. That meant we had a FULL trailer. The stock is extra long at 18 feet and is a 4 horse but we needed to fit 3 huge mares and 3 big foals in, and we did it. I was very pleased that each of the foals loaded without a problem.  As soon as we got home they were put in Ribbon's old paddock. The Christenson boys were taken back to Joan's house and I borrowed Faith and Ellie to help with the video of Ayanna's colt. Rhoda arrived and took a few pictures while I video taped. Ayanna's colt has amazing movement.

Below are the pictures Rhoda took of him for the prospective buyer.



Faith learned how to ask Ayanna to bow.
 I asked Faith and Ellie, "if the colt sells,  how I should pay for this help in making the video?"  Ellie decided root beer floats would be good. The video was uploaded to youtube, the link sent and within minutes Ayanna's colt had sold. They sent the deposit by paypal.  Not only that but her friend wants to be first on the list for Ayanna's 2019 foal.  AMAZING!  That meant I needed to run to Dollar General to buy ice cream and root beer. Enough for everyone in Joan's household was going to get to share in the girls payment and right now Joan has her 5 children, the Christenson's 3 children and her 2 grand children and they all got ice cream floats.
Today they held a fund rasier at Joan's house. The kids going to VBS decided to have a DOG WASH  to make money for VBS.  They had a lot of costumers.
 Below is Ebby drying off in the sunshine after her bath. 

 Above Emma is getting dried off and below Faith is painting Emma's toe nails. 

 Above Molly is drying off in the sunshine with Aubrey and below Studley is getting his bath. 

 Chewy, Anni's Poodle got quite the spa treatment, they even soaked his feet. 

 Rachel's Lilly pug just got her nails done to match her collar. 
I left before they got to Kabur who had rolled in something worse than dirt.  Mark didn't get home from work today until almost 6:30 pm so we did not go to church and will listen on line later.  Mark is out grading all the driveways right now. I took Rosalie and Claire out to get a few pictures for Claire's owner. The sun was too low in the sky to get very good pictures but it shows how much this filly has grown. She was taken into the stall, haltered and her hooves picked up and she was just about perfect remembering everything. 

 Lily and her colt were taken out to fly spray.  His owner was sent the picture below with a promise of more tomorrow. It is just too late tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment