Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Bringing Home Mares and Their Foals

Last night Ebby started barking at 10:30 pm so I opened the door and told her to 'go home'. With Mike and Diane at Gulf Shores AL, she has been staying either at mom's or our place. This morning she was not sitting on our patio so I was sure she must have gone to mom's house during the night or to her own house. When the walk was ready to start Ebby was no where in sight. Mom said she did not come over during the night or the morning. We called but she didn't show up. We walked right over to Mike and Diane's, opened the door and called but no sign of Ebby. By this time both of us were starting to worry. Mom replied, "what can we do, she is a free spirit." By the time we got back to the dumpster, there was Ebby all happy and glad to see us. No one knows where she spent the night or why she missed the first round but she was sure glad to finish the walk with us.
Today at Berean Cindy, Carol and Robin worked on folding studies, wrapping and labeling Bibles and entering requests on the computer.



Robin stacked the finished Bibles in her car to take to the post office. We stopped at Meisters to drop one box for the UPS truck and Robin picked up the 10,000 envelopes that were waiting to go to the Berean office. Jacob was called to request another pallet load of Bibles for Tuesday.
When I got home the surgeon office was called to find out if I had an appointment yet. There was still nothing in the schedule but the receptionist said that I would receive a call back later today with the date.
Karin agreed to meet me at Middle Grove this afternoon to pick up Anna and her filly, Soul and her filly and Ella and her colt. She had the gates open when I arrived with the truck and trailer.  We stopped to pick up another of the salt blocks she brought out yesterday. Below she is hiking back with the salt block which we put in the truck to haul it up the hill.
 Not to brag or anything but my sisters are not just beautiful they are STRONG! Check out those muscles. Yesterday she hauled one all the way from the road to the top of the hill. 
We found the horses pretty quickly, in fact they all came running when they heard the trailer. Our hardest part of trailering is to keep the horses we don't want to bring OUT of the trailer.  Today we had Ripper get in, while Jenis and Galena tried to get in. It took longer to get horses away from the trailer so the foals would go in. All three foals were good about getting in pretty quickly once we had the other horses away. Rachel met me at the farm to help unload the horses. I got home just in time to make a quick dinner then get back out to meet the farrier who was coming to trim up Whitney before she leaves for her new home this weekend. The farrier finished up about 5:40 pm which gave me enough time to get ready for church. Tim Roecker had the service tonight. We stayed late to visit.
Oh yes, I did get the phone call from Mayo Clinic. They want us up there early morning Friday Sept 29th, for a brain scan, Monday morning Oct 2nd for the angiogram then Tuesday morning Oct 3rd for the surgery.
Like I heard tonight, if I make it through the surgery I win but if I don't make it through I win BIG!

No comments:

Post a Comment