Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Toner

The copy machine needed more toner so the 7 year old toner purchased on ebay was pulled out and carefully placed in the machine but when the cartridge was pulled out powdered toner flew all over the machine, the floor and ME. The machine was run from 8:20am to 10:20am making thousands of copies. Now all of this was good but what wasn't good is there are no mirrors in the Berean warehouse. I made sure my hands were clean before leaving for Washington, IL but never thought to check my face. The first stop was Cato's to take back the one blouse. I didn't want to just take it back I wanted to replace it using the same amount of money but I kept getting weird looks from the saleslady and the one other customer that came in while I was shopping. The saleslady kept a close watch on me, so much so even I thought it was weird until after the exchange was made and I was in the car. Then and only then did I happen to look in the mirror and see the shades of black toner powder all over my face. This looked like more than just a dirty face, it looked like a face that hadn't been washed for weeks. Once the toner powder lands on skin it just sticks. I had to scrub and scrub before heading to Phil and Anna's to watch Braelyn for the rest of the day.
There was exactly one hour from the time I arrived home until we needed to leave for church. Mom gave us all some of her delicious ham and bean soup made from the left over ham bone from Thanksgiving and that was heated up for dinner.
Greg Reed spent the day here repairing the shelter roofs from the storm damage but it was too dark to see what he accomplished by the time I arrived home.

No comments:

Post a Comment