Sunday, November 13, 2011

3:00 am Scare

What is it with 3:00am? On Friday night Karin stayed with mom, she was dreaming that Emma was having pups, I'd put up a caution tape and asked Karin to keep the kids from crossing the line. One very obnoxious boy kept crossing the tape in front of Karin, when she confronted him, he looked up at her, reached out and grabbed her neck and started choking her. She woke up gasping for air. That was pretty scary but what happened next just about gave her a heart attack.
To tell this part of the story, I need to go back a bit to say that mom, Diane and Ruth went to the auction in Washington, IL to support the hospital the church is taking over in Haiti. Mom bought 2 cute 3ft tall snowkids all dressed up. They got home from the auction after Karin had gone to bed and mom just placed the kids in the living room.
So Karin wakes up gasping for breath, from this very scary boy trying to choke her. She is shaken enough that she decides to go into the kitchen to make some coffee early but doesn't want to wake mom so does not turn the lights on. She comes around the corner of the bedroom starts walking toward the living room and see's 2 little kids standing quietly facing her. She is pretty freaked out but is telling herself, "ok, it just looks like kids, it is probably a vacuum cleaner or something else," gets a bit closer and sees they have SHOES on! By this time, she thinks AHHH where are the lights, turn on the lights!
So our 3:00am scare early this morning was also disturbing. Emma decides she must go outside at 3:00am. I tell her to, "go lay down!" and instead she runs to Mark's side of the bed and starts bothering him. When he doesn't respond she ran back to my side acting pretty desperate. Well the last time that happened and she was let out and put back in Darcy decided at 4:00am SHE wanted out, so last night I whisper, "Darcy, get up." No response, I reach down to shake her and her body feels cool, I shake her and say out loud, "Darcy time to get up." now I'm started to freak out, her body is cool, she is not snoring and even when I shake her there is no response. Mark wakes up when I say very loudly, "Mark, I think Darcy died!" The lights are turned on and she is laying there so still I'm thinking how are we ever going to tell Rhoda, when I see just a very slight movement. Actually Darcy was so sound asleep it took her a few minutes to figure out we wanted her to go outside but once she was up she was fine.
Trying to go back to sleep after that just didn't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment