Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Not Too Bad

Well the doctor visit wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be, in fact it made me wonder, why did I even dread going? The nurse took my history and didn't even comment about how long it had been, she was more interested in the farm and Raven. Dr. Bevill was a good listener and the only reference he made to not going to a doctor was had I ever had my cholesterol checked. Once he was done with a pretty thorough going over checking heart, lungs, muscles and joints, he came back with, "everything other than your hip joint looks remarkably good!" I'm not sure if he meant for my age or my glamorous physical looks, hmm hard to tell, hard to tell. It could be that he is a fisherman and knows Nate. When I told him Nate was my nephew, yep, that's when the compliments started. I think he wants a chance to fish at one of Nate's trophy lakes. He gave me a prescription for pain which is just ONE pill to take once a day and is making an appointment for x-rays with an orthopedic surgeon. He gave me 2 options telling me both were good. The first surgeon I tried happened to be in our health plan network and that's who I went with. It didn't hurt that my daughter-in-law also gave me the same two names.
While I was relaxing in a doctor office, Steven was busy training and training and training. He has both Evan and Valiant driving the neighborhood, trotting up and down the lanes. Zalena, Ylse, Jewel, Jenis, Ciera, super and Calypso also were worked. What will we do if he takes off for Florida? Every day these horses they get better and better under his tutelage.

No comments:

Post a Comment