Thursday, November 10, 2011

Humbling

Not that I gloried in my strength, it was always just taken for granted. When someone would bring in one 32 pound box of Bibles, I would bring in 2 at a time. Hay bales were lifted and thrown without a second thought. I only had one speed and that was FAST. Well today was a very humbling day. It was tough trying to make it up the hill on the walk this morning and that was WITH a cane. At the top nausea hit from the hip pain. It was time to give up and admit a real doctor must be visited. Not that a vet isn't a real doctor but for some reason I really don't want our vet doing a hip replacement on me. He may use a cow or horse femur. After what seemed like hours on the internet trying to find a doctor in our insurance network the job was finally accomplished and I have an appointment next Tuesday at 2:15pm.
Not that I'm type A personality but I need to get back on my feet right away, there is a wedding to attend December 3rd, a short vacation that is already paid for on Jan 2nd with a great big group of family members (can't miss that) an already paid for cruise Feb 4th with my beloved, the choir trip Feb 24th-27th then the IL Horse fair March 2nd, 3rd and 4th.
Today Steven helped get the Saddle Bred mare covered and teased Calypso. Still no go for her. He has been such a big help around here it will be hard to see him leave for Florida if he ends up training with Tommie Turvey.

No comments:

Post a Comment