Thursday, October 13, 2011

Road Trip


Diane, Mike and I will be taking an unexpected road trip leaving Hanna City around 1:00pm on Saturday, driving to Connecticut and back with a truck and trailer. We didn't need to but we bought a purebred Friesian stud colt. He is registered with the German registry. His sire is the approved Friesian stallion, 17 hand Othello de Berthonval, described as the best papered Friesian from the FPZV registry pictured below
and Othello's beautiful head shot:

His dam is a STER FHANA registered Anton daughter. As Jakob is sold, we wanted a companion for Ribbon's filly once she is weaned. This guy will fill that bill nicely.
Mark came home early from work and together we prepared the 7 acres around the pond for the winter wheat. I raked the leaves up while Mark spread the seed. Sure hope it comes up quickly. We had a nice rain during the night and it is cool, good growing weather.
We are both exhausted, that was HARD work for old people.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my and WOW. Can't wait to see more of him! I also wanted to make sure you were OK with this post on my "Just Horses" blog:

    http://margaretbednar365.blogspot.com/2011/10/friday-flash-55-sebastian.html

    If not, I will take Raven's photo down but I DID link back to your blog. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete