Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Don't Judge Me

I'm known as very frugal, but perhaps the true description is tight. When Dr. Hoerr called to schedule a collection of Raven this afternoon, he was asked to bring his x-ray machine, not for a horse but for my hip. Poor Dr. Hoerr, what could he say but "I'm not trained for humans." Do you think that would matter in my case, of course not, vets are MUCH more reasonable than human doctors and he is coming HERE. What doctor today makes house calls.
As soon as the farm was reached, I ran out to the barn to start sweeping the aisle way and making sure the stalls were cleaned until I remembered, wait a minute I'm not having my hip x-rayed in the barn, the office better get cleaned up.
Now this is how rumors fly, the cotton candy machine and snow cone machine were dropped off at the Skyline Home THIS MORNING, Leon Kaisner was there dropping off some furniture and asked me, "is it true you hired a vet to do your hip surgery?"
Of course that got the attention of everyone standing around and when it was explained the vet was only doing the hip x-rays they still all just shook their heads. Mom offered to come hold my hand and make sure my mouth is muzzled so the vet is not bitten.
Dr. Hoerr was asked to bring his ultrasound machine for Jenis who is at 15 days and to find out where Breyer is in her cycle as she has not come in. Hmmm wonder what he can see on me with that? Ribbon's filly also needs a foal shot the vet office needs to be called to make sure he has the shots on his truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment