Thursday, August 25, 2011

3:00 am

At 3:00am I wake up to the sound of a horse walking through the barn. After looking at the alarm clock and letting that time register in my mind, trying to process what my ears are hearing with the clip clop noise, I rationalize it must be Sanna and her filly, thinking somehow the gate must have come back open in their paddock. Sanna always comes straight to her stall. This means I do not have to get up to check and gratefully go back to sleep.
When it is time to get up and feed shockingly Sanna is not in the barn but even worse neither is Jenis and her colt. Last night after we were already in bed I remembered Jenis hadn't had her water buckets filled since we left at 6:00pm. How wonderful to just slip out into the barn from the apartment, fill the water buckets then climb back into bed except her stall door must not have been latched in my brain sleepy state. At 3:00am Jenis figured that out and went exploring. So at 6:30am I'm driving the golf cart around looking for her. She was down in the field very glad to be out for the first time in weeks.


They were put in the breeding shed paddock while Sanna and her filly were put in the pasture behind the boys. Jenis will be covered tonight, the boys need another round bale but their shelter needs to be cleaned out a bit first.

No comments:

Post a Comment