Monday, August 9, 2010

Slave Driver

OK, My 20 year old daughter is a slave driver. After the Bibles, supplies, and machines were dropped off at our Skyline home, it was back to my house where Sarah put me to work. She is having a singing here while we are at the Northern IL Horse Fest and wants everything ready. So today we have emptied closets, moved out furniture, hauled bags and bags of garbage over, and scrubbed and cleaned room after room.
Finally she had to leave for volleyball and I was so relieved. I though I would just finish up sweeping the hallway then sit down and rest when mom calls. She wants to come see what we've accomplished. So of course I had to keep working until she got here. Then she had the NERVE to suggest we work on the kitchen, she wants to help!!!! AAAARRRRHHHHH. My back is sore from slinging 32 pound boxes of Bibles from the warehouse into the truck, then unloading, shoveling tons of sand that have washed into the basement playroom from the root cellar and moving furniture from the second floor down a flight of stairs and then hauling them outside and moving other furniture from the dining room into the basement furnace room. I had the excuse that Mark would be home for soon and I needed to start dinner.
The man from Georgia buying Ylse's filly emailed that he can no longer buy her. We will place her back for sale. Alicia Cooksey came to Bridlewood, cleaned out the green barn and moved in Mikayla's horse for some lessons. She was very glad to take some of the furniture Sarah wanted to put out on the front lawn.
They put the couch out last week and it is still there. Pretty sad, we live on the south side of Peoria and no one wants our old couch. What's that say about the state of our old stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment