Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Saved by the Cat


Above is a load of hay going down the highway from Arizona to California. There is way more to this hay than meets the eye, to read about this special hay you will need to go all the way to the bottom of this entry.
Arrived at work just a little late today as we were busy discussing the upcoming hog roast after the walk. Eva Jean told me earlier that she was going to be late. There was a lot of mail so I jumped right in and started ripping the envelopes open as fast as possible, not worrying about how neat they were opened. I had to step out of the office to answer the phone when Eva Jean walked in, saw the mess and yelled. Right then I knew I was in trouble even if I am the boss, She would like things neat and orderly and that's just not me! It was her fault for coming in earlier than expected.
We had a big crowd for lunch,Mark, Spark, Rhonda, Dan, Phil, Anna, Eva Jean and I needed to take 2 cars and it was a good thing. After lunch, Dan jumped in to start driving home and the car was deader than a door knob.
Rhonda brought her Jaguar over to give us a jump. So we were saved by the CAT! Spark hooked up the jumper cables, Dan started the car while Mark and Eva Jean directed traffic.

After dinner, TSC was visited to pay for the extra bag of grain purchased by accident yesterday. But they didn't give me the 5% discount on that bag, I could have saved 45 cents by driving down yesterday. Honestly they probably would have given me the discount if I had remembered to ask for it. Two bags of cracked corn and Panacur power pak were picked up for Samantha so it wasn't a trip down for nothing. Dr. Hoerr thinks this, along with the deworming will help her gain the lost weight back. Samantha was started on the Panacur power pak deworming program. Sure hope all of this helps, we hate having a horse on the property that looks thin.
Steven drove his monster truck and trailer out to Middle Grove today dropping off Big Sally, her filly, Velvet and her colt for a couple of weeks bringing back Sangria, Izadora, Lily, Ayanna and Knight for the parade of breeds at our horse show this weekend.
The picture below tells the rest of the story on the hay.

4 comments:

  1. why would they try to hide tyvek suits in the hay bales and why would the police even care to find them? you would think a regular semi would haul that stuff alot more efficiently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. is that bacon???? It looks like the bacon we buy for campfires...it just doesn't seem like it would keep it cold enough but whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its horse meat, You know it's illegal
    to slaughter horses in America. I think those crazy people think because we don't slaughter horses in America there must be a good market for horse meat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No No I'm sure it is something good, like a present for horses, maybe grain or something the horses like, why else would it be wrapped in horse hay.

    ReplyDelete