Thursday, August 5, 2010

Monica's Danika


We heard the sad news late last night that the vets at UofI are going to put Danika down today. We can all sympathize with Monica on how hard this decision was on her. Please continue to pray for Monica that she will see God is GOOD and we don't know how and may not see it for a while, but God has promised good will come from this.
Yesterday I was to meet Emily's brother at our house right at 8:30am for the trip to Forrest, IL to pick up Sophie. After the walk I check my phone to see how we were doing on time, I thought it was only 8:05 so I stayed and visited with the ladies for what I thought was just a short time, get in the car and it is 8:27am. At 8:30 the call came they were waiting for me and did I leave without them? Kind of embarrassing to explain I just lost track of time.
We made it to Forrest, IL around 10:00am, dropped off Matthew, Picked up Emily and Sophie and headed back to the farm. When we drive up to the farm there is Evan lying down with Steven sitting next to him. Steven started working on teaching him to bow, and thought why not work see if he will lie down. We were impressed!
Ylse and her filly were hosed down, then while Karin took Steven and Emily on a trail ride, the filly's bandage was taken off and her foot soaked, then reapplied.
I was impressed with how good she stood but by the time we were ready for home my clothes were dripping wet with sweat. The heat these last 2 days were extreme with heat indexes in the 100s. Karin took some video of Emily riding Sophie and Wynne playing in the lake and has offered to make a couple of movies for the website. Can't wait to see them and once done they will be posted.
Mark told us he was taking us out to eat before church and drove up to the HyVee grocery store for the dinner. He had been told they had a very nice buffet and that was correct. We all three just had the salad bar but that was fantastic. Sometime when we have more time we will have to try some of their other foods. The place is huge and the selections were in the thousands.

No comments:

Post a Comment