Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bibles Ordered PARADE Invite

Was a little late to work and didn't finish before the guys started calling for lunch which meant it was back down to the warehouse for the afternoon. Bibles need to be UPS'd out but there were only a few boxes left of the unwrapped. An email went out to the Bible Distribution center in Bluffton, IN to order a couple more pallets.
TEMCO had our stamps which allowed me to get around a hundred individual Bible's mailed out.
My phone was left at home and as soon as I got in the door it was beeping with many messages. Since we will not be heading up to the Northern IL Horse Fest this weekend we have Saturday free to do the parade for Heritage days in Hanna City. When I called to let them know this year we would be home and willing to do it, they were very happy. Rhoda has agreed to ride Jenis, I believe I have Rebekah for Sanna, and Steven for Lily, I still need a couple of riders for Wynne and Ylse. Anyone interested let me know pretty quickly. Karin is bringing Ribbon and the vaulting team. The parade starts at the bank in Hanna City goes up 116 to Main street, turns right and heads to the grade school were the entertainment will be.
The cotton candy machine should be picked up and hauled out to Hanna City, this is a good opportunity to show my true colors, I always did want to be a CARNY.
Once home from work, my favorite part of Thursday came, Addyson came over! I really should have taken some pictures of her feeding the dogs, then telling them to "go away".
Mark and I headed to Aldi's at 5:30pm and had to leave the car in the parking lot with all the windows wide open. The pig was hauled in the back of the car on Sunday. When they moved to pig to the tables grease must have run out into cracks of the car causing the car to smell like there is a rotting carcass hidden inside. Mark was not at all worried about leaving the car unlocked with the windows wide open in the middle of Aldi's parking lot on the south side of Peoria. No one would willingly get in with the awful odor emitting through the windows. Good thing there is no rain in sight, the windows will need to be left open for a while.
The farmer is going to cut the hay on Saturday, sure hope we have good sunny weather Sunday and Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment