Thursday, July 23, 2026

Perfect Penny

 I knew today would be very busy and it was. The stalls were done early, the horses fed, Tessa's filly's leg checked all before 8:00 am. Breakfast was served, 2 loads of laundry done and by 9:00 am I was on the way to Sam's club to buy food for our family vacation. Checking out I couldn't find my Sam's credit card and had to use the Discover card which meant I could only get 2% instead of the usual 5% off and today was a big one. Just under $300.00. From Sam's I drove to Aldi to buy 14 pounds of bacon but I could only buy 13 as I emptied the box and the other box wouldn't slide down. I told the check out lady I really wanted 14 but could only get 13. She offered to send someone but it wasn't that important. I also bought 8 pounds of sausage and 7 pounds of hamburger along with jam, peanut butter and a few other items I was a little surprised when the bill came to $157.00 but didn't look at the receipt until after the groceries were put away and then found the check out lady had charged me for 18 pounds of bacon, not 13. I drove back to Aldi to get a refund of just over $20.00. I wasn't happy about losing the 40 minutes of my time. As soon as I got back the hamburger was browned and made into taco meat then once that was cool frozen with the rest of the meat. I also deboned 2 rotisserie chickens from Sam's and made a big batch of chicken salad for our lunches. Anna came at noon to put the volleyball net up as the guests coming in tomorrow asked for that. She wasn't able to tighten the net as the battery was missing from the drill. Mark knew where that was so figured out how to use the drill to tighten the net. I really needed a pat on the back for that.

First time for me, the poles and net are too heavy for me to do myself but not for Anna.
Sarah arrived with River on Penny, they were going to do the trails. Penny was awesome today. Five year old River asked her to mount the pedastal, then rode her in the big arena, walked over the jump in both directions then trotted all by herself in the round pen. They finished their fun with Sarah driving the golf cart while Penny followed. 


We decide Penny's name is now Perfect Penny! 
I started on the barn cleaning bathrooms and floors. When I got upstairs I realized the pitching machine was all tangled in the batting cage netting. Israel helped me get that untangled. I made sure it was working well before finishing the upstairs. Israel and his friend helped organize the balls. David and Stephanie brought friends over so I quit working and went home to fold towels and put away laundry. Israel and Elisabet stayed for supper while David and Stephanie went out to dinner. Braelyn arrived with some clean towels they had washed at their house for the barn. She joined us for supper. After supper we all went to feed the horses. Mike took the stock trailer to Middle Grove so Braelyn helped me hook up the 2 horse trailer as I need to leave by 7:30 am tomorrow morning with Tessa and her filly for the filly's vet appointment to get her bandage changed. 
Once that was hooked up, it was backed between the two buildings for easy loading.
Elisabet then showed me her vaulting moves she learned last week. The flag and the stand.
We have so many girls interested in vaulting, the team is going to be a big one this year. We went back to the house and started cleaning out Mark's Meister car. Everytime I think I am done unloading and putting things away I find I am not. That car was LOADED with stuff from the Farm House. I was thankful Braelyn, Israel and Elisabet were here to help unload it. Now everything is sitting on the kitchen table and floor. More work for tomorrow! We spent the new half hour just telling stories of my grandfather, their great great grand father and how his family lived in a sod house and what that meant. Funny how we visited a lot of his old stomping grounds WITH him and he showed us one. It wasn't the one he grew up in but was just like it. After David and Stephanie took the kids home both Mark and I are ready to crash and will go straight to bed now that the blog is finished. I found the missing credit card in Mark's wallet. 










No comments:

Post a Comment