Friday, July 24, 2026

Harli's Colt

 I went over to the barn at 6:30 am to finish up anything needed, then over to the apartment and made sure that was ready for guests. Braelyn had cleaned it last and it was still spotless, needing nothing. The lights were turned on and the air turned down. Mark came over at 7:45 am to help load Tessa and her filly. That went exactly as planned and with Mark to shut the door it took not even a minute. I made it to Hoerr Vet clinic just before 8:00 am and had to stop to take a picture of the very colorful goats waiting that were there waiting. 

I went in to give Emma a check for today's visit when Dr. Pallen came in and was ready. Tessa walked quietly into the stocks the the filly followed so all was well. The bandage had slipped down during the night last night.
Dr. Pallen had a helper today, Molly who just happens to be our neighbors in Hanna City. She bought Paula and Barry's place. Molly not only helped with today's bandaging but she also offered to come with Dr. Pallen next week to help here at the farm. Below is the video of the new bandage being applied.

We worked it out that they will stay in the paddock unless rain is predicted then I will see if either Berlica or Mike will put them back in the stall. Thankfully there really isn't rain in the forecast. I'll talk to Berlica tomorrow. The truck needed gas and Caseys on Plank road is a convenient station but when I put the card in I had to go inside before the pump would turn on. All of their pumps were acting up and there was a huge line by the time I finally prepaid. I thought it would take about $125.00 but it was full at $117.10. The  gas station attendent said the rest would be refund.
When I got back to the farm Sarah was here with Zion and River. I needed a board replaced and found one that would work. Mark came over to take the old one off and put up the new one. The horses were very curious about what he was doing but as soon as he turned the saw on they left him alone.

When that was finished I was taking the golf cart over to the arena to watch River and Zion riding Penny when Mike called. Harli had a colt by her side. I was very glad I had filled the truck with gas. I took the trailer with me.
She wasn't due until the middle of August and this colt was obviously not born today. He was rearing up on his mother and trying to bully his big sister Izzy. We figured out he must have been born on the 20th making him 4 days old today. His umbilical cord was dry as could be and Harli is just starting to come into her foal heat. She went right over to Oliver and let him check her out. She isn't ready yet but soon. The only white the colt has a very unique star, it looks like a candle flame.
He will be registered in the Gypsian book of the Friesian Heritage Horse registry once he is named. He is also for sale. He will have the mega hair and is already thick and stocky. He looks and acts like a month old colt but we know he wasn't born on the 19th so his birthday is officially July 20th, 2026. We left them out at Middle Grove as I am leaving tomorrow for vacation. When I got back I posted the pictures of him on the website. I took a few other pictures too. Cookie is doing fantastic. Her hair has all grown back, her breathing is much better and she has gained weight.
The first thing we do when we get there is halter Oliver and tie him up. He gets a carrot then and also when he is let loose.
The Thoroughbred mares all look pregnant. Below is Curlin. We saw her in season and was left out with Oliver. She is due April 26th, 2027
Below is Bulu's colt by Valiant. He is 13 months old and is now a gelding. He is very tall and very friendly.
Below is another picture of Curlin.
Below is Aiken. We never saw her come into season so sometime will have to take her to Dr. Hoerr for an estimate when she is due. 
Left to right is Holly, Curlin and Aiken. All have nice round bellies. They sure don't look like they did when they came to our place off the track. Now they look like content brood mares. Sure hope each has a foal in 2027.
We checked over the horses, Mike fly sprayed them then left. They had both trucks surrounded but we got through.
Sarah sent the video of Zion and River on Penny today.

She really is the perfect pony for them. The rest of today was spent packing and cleaning. This evening I watered mom's flowers. Rhonda will check them during the week. To water the front I had to throw the hose over the hole then drag the hose to the front of the house.
I tried first to go around the excavator but the hose wasn't long enough.
We will have an early night as there is much to do before we leave tomorrow for vacation.










No comments:

Post a Comment