Friday, April 26, 2024

Rainy Day

 Rain was predicted to start early but it didn't start until just after our walk. When we were walking across the dam we saw the geese family with their 5 newly hatched goslings. 


As we finished the walk Diane asked if she could have some good black dirt. Mark knew were there was a pile of well composted manure so took the small Kubota, scooped up and drove it over just as the rain started.
Today was a good day to read so the second book the kids gave me for my birthday was taken out and read. I was able to get the electric throw going so was nice and toasty when reading. Mark came in wet and cold. It was only 39 degrees outside and that rain felt like it was freezing. He was quick to get out of his wet clothes but when he went out later for another task came back with another set of wet clothes. We have two campers that have to have recall repairs done and the nearest repair shop willing to do the job is about a hundred miles away. They gave us a repair date of May 14th at 9:00 am and unfortunately that just happens to be a Tuesday. Bummer I will need to skip Berean that day. On Monday Nancy has a cardiologist appointment but it is the same time as Mackenson has a dentist appointment so Joan sent out a text and quickly each of us, Diane, Ruth and I responded with we could take her. At the end of that conversation Ruth was chosen to go with her. When the rain slowed down to a trickle I left for Aldi to pick up food for the Sunday dinner and some ingredients needed for the Wednesday meal at the fellowship hall. One of the needed items was brown sugar and Aldi had none. I'll have to go to a different store to pick that up on Monday. As I was getting ready to load the groceries into the car I heard someone yelling "hey lady can we have your cart" Since mine wasn't empty I thought they must have been yelling at someone else but when I turned around saw Mike and Diane across the parking lot. I yelled back, "No way you're getting this cart." but just then another lady thought they must have been yelling at her and she quickly gave them her cart and didn't even want the quarter back. The lady standing next to the car next to mine was looking rather shocked that I would yell that. I had to explain it was my sister and brother in law and I was joking. Karin invited us for dinner tonight and was serving BahamaBob Burgers. Mark offered to do the grilling. When I arrived Karin had the salad's made and had the lazy Susan out on the table.
Rhonda stopped in to drop off some goodies as we were waiting for the meat. We enjoyed the meal and the fellowship. It is warmer tonight than it has been all day. No teasing happened at all but since they were all teased yesterday and the only two in covered that could be skipped today. Mike sent the video below of the horses in the cabin field enjoying the brisk weather.
Mike teased both Blueberry (the tall dark bay mare) and Dancer, the bay mare yesterday and neither were in season. A couple beautiful pictures came in from Tyler, who bought Dalia 9 years ago. Dalia is an Evan daughter out of Star, a Tennessee Walker mare. She just had her 5th foal and the owner is so thrilled with her he wanted to send pictures.

Amazing how much she looks like a purebred Friesian. Evan sure does throw himself. This is Dalia right before we sold her.









No comments:

Post a Comment