Monday, February 4, 2019

Melting

We had above freezing temperatures all night and this morning mom's poor snowman was suffering. He has lost more than half his body weight and his face.. oh my his poor face. It is not good for snowmen to go on crash diets. I took the picture below before the walk started.
Joan wasn't able to join us, Sarah had an accident early this morning on her way to OSF for school. She hit a snow pile on I 74 which threw her into the exit sign. She hit that sign so hard it came crashing through her window.  Sarah was shook up but fine. Hannah also had classes so she was able to take Sarah on to the hospital while Joan waited for the tow truck.  Ruth, Diane, mom and I were able to do all of the drives today although climbing up Spark's was a little slippery.  Diane stopped mom and helped her put her ice daggers down on her boots.
Mom says each time Diane does that she feels like a horse getting it's feet picked out and Diane says she feels like a farrier.  Having those daggers on the boots really help. The ice trackers don't dig in like the daggers.  I had a cardiologist appointment this morning. All is well and I don't have to go back there for a year.  On the way home I stopped at Meisters to pick up the Berean mail. The tub was full of mail, all the way to the top. I borrowed a letter opener from Amanda and when I got home spent an hour slitting open the envelopes. That will help us tomorrow, I know we will be short staffed as mom can't come and Marvin and Gale are gone along with some other snow birds.  
When Mark got home we worked on moving bales in for hungry horses. Valiant's paddock got a new bale and the middle paddock got 2 new bales.  Karin had a late meeting today so no horses got worked. This evening we all met over at mom's for supper and games. It was a lot of fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment