Thursday, February 21, 2019

Balancing Act

Today was the dreaded checkbook reconciling day but Diane came through, took pity and did all the entering, figuring, adding and subtracting until it balanced. That isn't an easy job since I'm not the only person writing checks out of that account.
We are having a slow meltdown today. Mark has spread 160 pounds of salt on the driveways and that is working, turning the ice to slush. This morning the ice was so hard we ended up walking through the yard instead of the driveway.
The morning was spent on the phone calling first the cardiologists to see what happened to the prescription that was ordered on Feb 4th. They said they would do some research and call me back. The next phone call was to call the insurance company to find out why the bill never came for the 2003 truck. They said it was sent out on January 14th but it never arrived. I was able to pay that on-line. They were told from now on to send all of our mail to Meisters.  The mail out here is just not dependable and this is the second time we have had missing mail from an insurance company.
My job today was to drive Karin in to the shop to pick up her new car and I was suppose to meet her at mom's when she got off work. She sent me a text saying she would be there in a half an hour but 5 minutes before I was to leave for mom's the doctor's office called back to report that there was no record of my missing prescription. They needed to confirm a lot of numbers, needed to to give them our insurance company information, the rx number off the pill bottle and while I was trying to do all of that  Karin was calling to find out where I was. I wasn't able to answer her call.  I finally started driving over to mom's just a few minutes late only to see Karin driving here. She exclaimed, "When you weren't at mom's I sent a text, then when you didn't answer that I called and when you didn't answer the phone I thought maybe you had a heart attack and died, you are never late!" 
We were both impressed with her new car. By the way the color is white and it is a really nice looking Prius.  Mom invited us all over for some of her home made strawberry shortcake tonight. We had a good group show up and played games until just now. Mom won!

No comments:

Post a Comment