Friday, February 22, 2013

Helen's Family

Helen's new family are going to be making the long trip from Colorado March 13, leaving early in the morning, arriving late then staying at the apartment on the 14th to rest up and leaving for the trip home on the morning of the 15th. They are bringing the entire family AND a set of grand-parents. It will be nice to meet everyone.

They will be able to see her full sister and I'm sure will be shocked at how big a foal grows in one short year! The snow started before Mark arrived home from work. I was getting worried we wouldn't be able to move the round bales in if I waited as it was coming down fast so asked Karin to help. We were moving the first bale in when Mark showed up. He took over for Karin freeing her to head to mom's for dinner. We moved a bale into Jenis' paddock, the breeding shed paddock for the 2 walkers and another into the middle paddock.  Karin brought her dog and clothes, she didn't want to be snowed in at her home in Maquon, there are no horses for her to work in Maquon. Ha, she doesn't know the plans I have for her today, she is mine, all mine! I'm not sure how much snow fell but enough to cover the dingy gray grass and frozen mud. With Karin's help I hope to take lots of usable pictures for the website today. Mark went out early to start shoveling while I'm sitting here at the computer enjoying my second cup of hot delicious coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment