Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Cruise Day 2&3

Our last two days were spent traveling, our cabin is really roomy and the window is such a treat. Sunday was windy and scattered clouds enough that we didn't burn, as it was Super Bowl Sunday both the big theater and the big outdoor screen had super bowl parties going on with buffets in both areas, what was missing was popcorn and of course one must have popcorn for a football game but we survived. Monday was bright sunshine and I got too much sun. Funny but before boarding the ship we shopped for suntan lotion and what do you think was one of the giveaways? A big tube of suntan lotion! We will have to leave it at the Haefli condo, it is too big of a tube to fly home. Today we are docked at beautiful St Thomas. Mike, Diane, and Mark are taking the ferry over to St Johns but I am content to stick around St Thomas, it is not worth feeling sea sick all day by taking a 45 minute ferryride there and back, this trip I am not going to be feeding the fish no matter how good it makes for those who want to fish. The Internet cafe I am sitting at has just gorgeous views of the hills of St Thomas, this is such a beautiful island. Funny how quickly one becomes use to the luxuries of cruise life, laying around in the sunshine, no work and no worries. It really isn't good for us why today we complained that the breakfast waffle wasn't crisp enough. Imagine the only thing to complain about is a food item we didn't slave away making, we didn't work for, it was placed in front of us. What is wrong with that picture? We aren't working out hard enough to sleep well at night so that means we take naps! What a strange way to enjoy life. I miss my kids, I miss my grandkids, I miss my family and I miss my dogs.
1:30pm: well they didn't get the ferry, instead they rented a car, came and picked me up and off we went exploring this very hilly country. We visited Coki beach first. Diane and Mark snorkeled and saw lots of fish while Mike ordered soda and food from a vendor. Rain clouds moved in so we loaded up the rental van and headed to Magens beach, one of the top ten beaches in the world. It is beautiful but the snorkeling is better at Coki beach. Back over the mountains and hills we did more exploring of the island on these very winding narrow roads where everybody is driving on the wrong side of the road.

1 comment: