Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Dreaded Doctor Visit and Foal UPDATES

Today was the oh so dreaded doctor appointment with the cardiologist that they say I must visit each year. What was worse was it was scheduled for 3:00 pm just ruining a beautiful sunny warm day that could have been spent hauling horses from Middle Grove.
This morning Emily had time to work Roxanne and Rosaleigh. This was the second time working these mares and we were pleased.

Above is Roxanne and below is Rosalie


Both mares are figuring out what is expected and both are leading much better than the first time. We have now moved them into Raven's old paddock as Mark put a new round bale in that on Sunday.
After putting them away we moved a new round bale in for Valiant and Evan. Emily left for school while I downloaded the pictures for the website. Karin called to report the mares at Middle Grove are doing well but she agreed with me that Zalena and Eliza need to come in for extra attention. I will have to make time to do that tomorrow and bring Soul in at the same time. 
I left at 2:15 pm for the doctor visit and arrived with just enough time to fill out the paper work and pay before my name was called. It really wasn't as bad as expected I met a very nice nurse that use to work with Stephanie. We had a nice visit while waiting for the doctor. The only change I need to make is to start back on baby aspirin again. That was stopped because of all the bruising that was showing up. We compromised at 4 days a week instead of everyday. 
Mark drove to church tonight. Greg Rumbold had the service. After church a neat email came in from Maria, the lady that bought Cindy from Ruth, the one that lives far far away, and she included pictures. She writes: Hi Judy! I was reading your blog the other day and thought I'd send an update from the lady "far far away". lol Cinder's baby Bella actually just got back from 30 days of training on Sunday. The day we picked her up we were talking while they were getting them ready to ride (my brother-in-law took a horse for training at the same time) and one of the guys that rides for the trainer says, "Yeah, I think that black one's been ridden before." And the trainer said, "This one's a keeper. If I were you I'd be keeping this one!" I kind of laughed at the one guy cuz I'd only done like 8 days of groundwork with her before she went there, and I KNOW she hasn't been ridden before since I had her since in utero. lol I could tell when I was working with her that she'd be super easy to train cuz she caught on to everything so fast. And just super calm about everything too. Her disposition is awesome and she will definitely be staying here with us. Her and Cinder are my "lifers". lol
Cinder just had another baby (Elsa) on August 1st. We had her bred to a Gypsy this time. The girls haven't ridden her since the baby was born so they are anxious to get back to it. We have figured out that if she just ate she is MUCH easier to control. lol The girls sometimes have a hard time keeping her from diving for grass but they manage quite well for as small as they are. lol




I think breeding Cinder to a Gypsy was a fabulous choice. That filly is adorable. Thank you so much for sending the update and the pictures. I had to laugh about the training, these Friesian crosses are just SO easy to train!
And what was icing on the cake was an update from Dee the lady that bought Jenis' last filly by Raven, Olympia. Dee writes: Just wanted to say thank you for giving me the opportunity to own such an amazing horse. I just love her. My second time riding her tonight. We are getting used to each other but she is so willing and wants to learn. Can't wait to start the process all over again with Zoey. It really is amazing watching them grow up.


No comments:

Post a Comment