Wednesday, July 16, 2014

It's a Boy, It's a Girl

I'll post pictures after church but we have had a very busy day here. Ella delivered a big dark bay colt while Jewel delivered a big dark bay filly.
Below is Ella's colt, he is a stocky strong fellow with a very long tail, typical Evan son.
We were very surprised at the solid bay color. No spots at all! Tomorrow I'll get some pictures of Jewel's filly. The ones I took today were just down loaded and all were blurry. I was just in too much of a hurry. The filly is very tall and takes after Jewel more than Evan.
Today right after the walk I drove in to Meister's to get the rest of the Bibles out both mailing and sending 6 boxes UPS. By the time I got home the vaulting team was already practicing.




The rest will be placed on the Horsemeister Inc Facebook page. The girls all came in to visit Lola's colt.
He loved the kids wading right into the middle of the group then nibbling on some hair in the picture below.
Karin and I planned a trip to Middle Grove to pick up Ella and Jewel the next 2 mares due. Karin arrived first to report Ella had a foal by her side and Jewel had just had a filly. Both mares and their foals were loaded up and brought home. Jewel was stalled as her filly was a newborn. Ella's colt must have been born yesterday, his cord was still a bit damp but he is well filled out.
After getting them both settled I walked in our door at 5:30 pm which was just enough time to jump in the shower and get ready for church. Mark and I took mom, Sarah and Hannah. Tim was working in town and just met us there. Mike and Diane went separate and brought the Bible studies to be graded. David Obgerfel had the service. We went to Culvers right after church as we skipped supper. It is almost 10:00 pm and I'm finally done for the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment