Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Always Room for One More

Emily and I were teasing mares when Jake showed up with the Meister Electric truck to pick up Mark's tractor. Emma is now out but Ayanna is just coming in.
Mark was going to work on the lower parking lot at Meisters and needed to have the tractor hauled in. Spark must have a truck for every use. One time they decided to put an outhouse in at Middle Grove. Karin was there when Spark arrived with this great big truck sporting a huge auger for drilling in telephone poles and huge light fixtures. When Spark started drilling the outhouse hole, Karin, who didn't know the real job for this truck exclaims, "you have an outhouse driller? Do you have a truck for everything?"
I went in to Meister's today to finish up the work we couldn't get done yesterday for Berean. Mark was busy working on the parking lot when I arrived and was still working on it when I left for the day. I stopped at Sams for groceries and bought myself more socks. I was down to just a few pair and those were getting holes and even though mom tells us we only darn socks I'm not about to waste my time darning when I could buy 8 pair of socks for $7.99. While I was at work Karin was hosting vaulting practice with lots of young vaulters, most of them (or maybe all) were family.
I was unloading the groceries when mom arrived back from taking Molly to the groomers.

Molly is about the sweetest dog we could have ever hoped to find. She wants to be with mom, follows mom around on the walk and hasn't yet made a sound. No barking, no whining, no growling, just a really quiet loving dog.
Diane was over visiting with mom and had Ella, Irelyn and Crew with her.

 Crew found mom's little chair. That chair is 81 years old, as mom got it for her 1st birthday.
 Irelyn was playing on the big rocking horse but got tired of rocking.
 Crew wasn't content to just sit in the chair he is typical boy and had to climb up onto the chair. 
Diane drove to church tonight, when she arrived to pick us up she already had a van load of 7 people but Mark and I squeezed in to make 9 in her 7 passenger van. Mom was just saying the motto "there is always room for one more" when Anni arrived hoping for a ride to church. Yep we squeezed in one more and then we were 10.
David Obergfel had the service. He opened to Matthew 17 vs 24, where Peter was to go fishing, catch a fish, take the coin out of the fish's mouth and pay the tax. We didn't just hear this fishing story we heard the story behind the tax.

No comments:

Post a Comment