Friday, January 17, 2014

Dust Bunnies

Stephanie's work got called off so I didn't get the chance to play with Israel today, instead I thought I'd better clean. Yesterday when Braelyn was getting my sparkly shoes out of the closet all went quiet. Of course quiet isn't always a good thing when it comes to Braelyn so I sneaked up to spy on what she was doing. She pulled the shoes out of the closet and with the shoes came a pretty good size dust bunny. That just shows how often these shoes are used. She looked at it, picked it up between her fingers and thumb trying to feel what it was then the light bulb went off in her head and she threw it up in the air to see it float, just like dandelion fluff. That wasn't too bad but then she went back for more. About that time I decided to distract her by the shoes.
Those dust bunnies don't bite and are great at hiding under chairs and in our closet why bother them, but it was so cold outside today and I didn't have a good excuse like sit and rock a baby or play with a toddler so got busy to eradicate them.
Emma has 2 or 3 days left in her pregnancy depending on when she settled so when she stretched out today in the whelping box of course the camera had to come out. This is what she looked like this afternoon.
Those puppies must be growing well, she expands so much I decided to take a picture each day until she delivers. We think we aught to have a contest to see who can guess the correct number of pups in her, how many males and how many females. Winner gets to ride Ribbon but the guessing has to be done before she delivers.
Karin arrived late this afternoon to start working horses but there was no way I wanted to go out in the cold to watch. Before Emily left for the weekend she stalled Sissy. I'll have to go out in the cold tomorrow morning to feed and clean stalls. Funny how quickly one becomes spoiled when someone else is doing the work I normally do.
Joan's renter came over tonight for more wood for his wood burner. He wants to get enough for this next snow storm and cold spell coming tomorrow. Emily finished filling the grow beds today and after dinner Mark started filling the tanks with water. It is a slow process our water pressure is not good here.

At least he is working in bright light and warmth. We now have the sound of a babbling brook in our basement from the constant flow of water from tank to tank. That along with bright grow lights is making the basement look better and better.  Maybe I should bring a comfy chair down with a good book and pretend I'm at the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment