Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A Really Good Day

Tuesdays are my second most favorite day of the week and today just seemed to be extra special. Although work was a bit hectic. We had so many letters and studies come in even working an hour longer than usual we couldn't finish. Rhoda and Emily offered to come on Thursday to finish up. Eva Jean took home double her usual work. She was still just opening the mail by 11:30 and stated, "I'm ordering steak for lunch and if we don't quit soon an appetizer and dessert too." You see on Tuesdays Eva Jean works for food.
By the time I got home from work, Emily was just finishing up filling all the wood boxes for the coming cold. She also had enough time to work Valiant reporting he was wonderful today. She worked on walk canter departs and cantering balanced 15 meter circles. Valiant is just like his daddy Raven, he wants to please.She also brought each of the mares in for grain and handled their udders. Some mares hate having their udders touched so when we have a filly born during the imprinting we spend extra time doing this.
The wind started up so loud there was a constant roar as it slammed into the door. The fire was started in the wood stove which helped warm up the house. About that time I wanted to call Diane for a recipe for dinner when I discovered my phone had been left at the shop. I borrowed Emily's to call Mark but was never able to get him. He came walking in the door stating, "I think I left my phone at the shop." When Ruth came over for a ride to choir, Mark immediately hits her up with, "can I borrow your phone."
Rhoda, Emily and Jessica went to mom's for the evening to play Mexican train somehow mom got them to finish the puzzle.
Spark drove Diane, Ruth and I to choir and we had a really good practice. The songs are beautiful and touching this year but then again I think I say that every year. Choir was a wonderful end to a really good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment