Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pandora Gone

The rain held off long enough for Mark to move 2 new bales in but before that could happen Emily had to be woken up so she could move a tractor while Mark went back to the house to find the skid steer key and I was suppose to move the mower except that was dead as a door knob. As long as Emily was up she helped by removing the net wrap so I could go on the walk.
The truck and trailer came for Pandora, Ribbon's filly by Raven at 10:00am.
 I was so pleased that a bunch of registration papers came yesterday and one was Pandora's. It was drizzling but didn't bother the driver or me at all. We had a nice visit while getting ready to load Pandora. She was a good girl and stepped right into the trailer. Once she was on her way the I needed to get Mytross' colt's papers mailed out to his owner and Scarlet's papers mailed out to her new owner. Thankfully the post office in Hanna City is still open.
Mom needed eggs, she has 5 people coming from Haiti for the weekend. I stopped over with 18 eggs to find my brothers John and Dan visiting with mom. As long was Dan was here I asked him to stop at the barn to give us some ideas on the magic box for the spring show. Dan stood back, looked at it and came up with a perfect solution for the sides, bungee cords! The front and back need something different, he was going to stop at Menards to see if they had anything we could use.
Before heading in Rosalie and Solomon were led around. I was very pleased, both foals came right up to me and neither fussed about being led around the paddock. By this time the rain was coming down hard and it was time to head inside to clean. For dinner we had left over chicken salad from the choir lunch. We drove to church in the rain, the rain pounded on the church roof during the service and we drove him in the rain. At least it is a warm 65 degrees outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment