Monday, September 24, 2012

Overwhelming Sympathy

We have been overwhelmed with emails, texts, phone calls and facebook messages all expressing sorrow and sympathy for the loss of Raven. Thank you, it means a lot to know people care. Below is an email from an owner of a Raven daughter: Dear Judy and Horsemeister family, I am so sorry about Raven's passing. It truly is the end of an era. Raven's story turned into a hopefull one when God gave you sterwardship of him. Thankfully, it was a fruitfull life as well, as Raven did pass his wonderful traits to many foals. There are alot of beautiful and personable Friesian's out there, but many seem to be emotional when exposed to stress. Raven's offspring seem to have a levelheadedness... a greater capacity for versatility (Princess has completed basic police horse training at 3 and started patrol as a 4 yr old). I am glad you decided to keep Valiant to continue the legacy. And I am very happy that we had the opportunity to have our own Raven daughter. sincerely, Alesia. Alesia sent along the picture below of Princess at work.
Oh hmmm it's grieving whether for horse or man. He was your friend. Hmm a deep loss.. Love to all of you. Evelyn And from Wynne's ower: Judy and family, So sorry to hear about Raven. I’m sure your loss will be felt a long time. However, it is surely a comfort to be surrounded by so many of his offspring and the gentle heart he passed on to every one of them! Jill Churchill & Dave Clinard And from Rebekah Schwind: Judy, I remember when Raven lived at my house, I went out to the field daily to pet him and play around his pen. He was my favorite horse back then, I was so proud to have a friesian stallion living at my house. As I grew, he was the treasure that I showed off to any friends that came to the lake and he was that constant testimony of how God loves beauty. One of the fondest memories i have of Raven is when BJ died and Bethany, Anni, and I somehow ended up at Raven's pen and we all just weeped in his mane. Something about his kind eyes was warmth in a really sad time. He was a good horse. I'm going to miss him. And from Sue, Piper's owner: Hi Judy, I just read about Raven and wanted to let you know how truly sadden I was to read this. My heart goes out to you and your family as I know what a special member of your family he was. All of us that knew him and have one of his precious son or daughters are very blessed indeed. He leaves a legacy that will live on forever. Know that my thoughts and prayers and even my tears are with you at this time. Our consoling thought is that he is running free and whole in pet heaven. With all my love Sue From my good friend Sandy: "Aww--so sorry for your loss. He was a treasure, wasn't he." And from Monica who also lost a beloved Friesian: "I'm so sorry for your loss-he was an awesome stallion! I'll be praying for you, after losing my Danika, I know how it hurts." And from Tabitha: So sorry to hear of Raven's passing. God Bless you all for making such an unselfish decision, as I tell my girls sometimes you have to love them enough to let them go, we almost lost our beloved Bently this week as well, so when I read your post I sobbed foryou all. Raven can now run free with no pain or handicap. and the messages go on and on. Raven touched so many lives. He was such a kind majestic gentleman. Today I worked, from 8:30am to 3:30pm running the copy machine, from 3:30pm to 4:00pm picking up the few items still needed for Monica's shower, from 4:15pm to 9:00pm working at the shower. Cor still should be teased but that will be put off until tomorrow morning, it's late and I'm tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment