Thursday, February 24, 2011

Surrender

I read once that there are times when we must sink to the bottom of our misery to understand truth, just as we must descend to the bottom of a well to see the stars in broad daylight. At the bottom of misery I will began to understand that the purpose of living ~ no matter how short or long that life is.. is to surrender to the will of the Father. Taken from pages 410-411 of the book The Truth Teller by Angela Hunt. Today was hard, thinking of and mourning young Jose Antonio Sanjay who lost his life in Guatemala Saturday. How hard his life was and how very short. None of us know the length of our days but I have determined I will do my best to live my life here for my real home later. My dad did not preach with his mouth as much as he preached with his life and I am so thankful for his example and the way he brought us up. When I am down and discouraged, these verses come to mind. Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

1 comment:

  1. Judy, I'm so sorry about Jose's death. I'll be praying for you and his family today.

    ReplyDelete