Saturday, September 12, 2026

Sweet Dreams

 I was having a wonderful dream and a song was running through my dreams when I awoke this morning. I found the song on youtube and want to share it here. The refrain "I know YOU are able and I know YOU can but even if YOU don't my hope is YOU alone. 

My dream was about a big revival in Peoria! What a wonderful way to wake up. I really don't know when I heard this song, it might have been years ago and was so thankful to hear it in my dreams. Last night before going to bed I had asked for good dreams. What an amazing answer! To think HE cares enough to send that to this old failing creature (me). A big heron was on the swimming lily pad this morning but by the time I slipped out the door it flew off towards Joan's beach to hunt.
I had plenty of energy to finish the barn before 9:00 am. Today's guest at the barn was supposed to be a small intimate wedding. They asked if they could come early to set up for their wedding.  I blocked off last night and told them they could arrive by 9:00 am.  After making sure all was well with the barn I drove to Sam's club to pick up the food for Sunday's meal. We will have chicken skewers with onions and peppers. Mark will grill tomorrow so once home the chicken was cut up, drizzled with olive oil then covered with parmesan cheese. That was put in the downstairs fridge then peppers were cleaned cut into chunks, drizzled with olive oil and parmesan cheese.
Sarah was here with the girls. Sarah was going to go on the trail ride but Jury's eye was swollen and weeping. I took some medicine over, tried looking in her eye but couldn't see anything. It may just be scratched. The girls went on the trail ride by themselves.
Zion got her helmet caught in a branch with thorns on it so. Sarah took the golf cart down and a branch clipper. The girls rode the horses back down to show her where the branch was. Sarah cleared more than that branch. There were brambles on either side of the trail that needed clearing. When they came back Sarah brought Tessa out to the round pen. Her filly decided she didn't want to follow her mom and was showing off to the other horses.
She was bouncing around, below all 4 hooves are off the ground.
She really is spectacular!
Sarah was teaching Zion how to desensitize Tessa. In the video below I'm not sure if she is training Tessa or Zion. Even Eden and River helped some.

That small intimate wedding turned out to be HUGE. There are SO many cars and trucks and they have music playing that goes boom boom boom. We really can't hear it unless we step outside. I sure hope it isn't bothering the neighbors. A request came in for a lady to hold her wedding here in March 2027, I said NO. No more weddings. This is the second time I was told it would be small and both times it was huge. I guess I don't know the definition of small. Maybe in their minds 200 is small. Berlica stopped by with some lead ropes they made.
These were a trial. The won't work as a lead rope, they will be too rough on the hands if the horse pulls away but will work as ties. I sent her with the red lead rope which is made of soft cotton to see if Joan can find that to use instead of the hard rope. This evening the desserts were made for tomorrow. 
I have just finished icing the cake and sprinkled some powdered sugar on the brownies. Mark is already in bed and I will be heading their shortly. 











No comments:

Post a Comment