Wednesday, January 29, 2020

More than Ready

After the walk and after getting a few things done here I left for Peoria stopping first at Sam's. There I found hamburger reduced in price and bought 30 pounds to make haystacks for next Wednesday. Sam's also just got a shipment of cuties in and I bought 15 pounds of those to use for the Sunday lunch. From there I drove up to the Berean office to pick up the camera and drop off labels.  GFS was next on the list to order 20 pounds of Bavarian ham, 25 pounds of turkey and 30 pounds of munster cheese all to be sliced thin and picked up on Saturday. I also picked up 3 gallons of bread and butter pickles at that store. The next stop was church so the towels, chips, pickles, cuties, and a few other food items were dropped off. The next store was Aldi for 20 loaves of bread except at the check out line the cashier said there was a limit of 10 loaves. Those were taken to church. Mark called about then and he was heading up to Menards. There is an Aldi next to that store so he popped in and bought the other 10 loaves of bread. I drove to Casey's in Hanna City and ordered 21 dozen donuts to be picked up Sunday morning at 8:00 am and made sure to ask them if they were going to be baked Sunday morning since we want fresh baked. The baker assured me that they start baking early and would have them ready by 8:00 am.  Finally I was on my way home arriving around 1:00 pm and went straight to work browning the 30 pounds of ground beef then freezing that. The next job was to de-bone the cooked chicken from yesterday, chop carrots, celery and onion and start a big pot of soup. We each had a bowl of that for supper and the rest was taken outside to cool.
We picked up mom for church. Rick Kaisner had the message reading first Psalm 63 and then Colossians 1. After church the soup was brought back inside, divided into 6 quarts, labeled and placed in the freezer for later. Now I'm more than ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment