Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Icy Frozen Driveways

Lots of ice this morning, after that hard rain yesterday then 20 degrees this morning the gravel drive was solid. The ice landed on rocks and froze them to the ground creating a walking obstacle course. Mom fell on our walk today. She just skinned up her knee and wrenched her shoulder but didn't want to quit the walk so Diane, Ruth and I lifted her up and off we went again.  When we got back from the walk I took the picture below of our Japanese Maple.
 The skids on our shoes were for sure needed today. The next job was to take Sangria and Oksana along with their foals into the stalls for their grain. Yesterday was the first time I saw Serenity eating the grain and today she got her own bucket. It is always a good sign when they enjoy grain before they are weaned, it makes weaning go so much better when they can't resist that.  The arena was cleaned up while they were eating then they were taken out to the field next to Valiant's paddock. I needed to move a round bale in Ribbon's old paddock where these two mares and their fillies will be living for a while to keep them out of the mud. Sangria went right over to Valiant and started showing. We do NOT want a February baby and Valiant has been known to break all the boards even breaking the electric fence when a mare in season is in that field so I had to get a bale in the paddock and move her as fast as possible.  Evan also needed a bale.  Before putting the tractor away I moved a few more bales back from where I had dumpped them last night trying to get Oksana free.  Rhoda sent a text that she and Sarah were on their way out with a gift. Rhoda bought a brand new purse for me. My old one was pretty shot so she transferred everything out of that one into the new one and then pitched my old. It was good to see Zion again, I really missed her smiles and giggles from being on vacation with her for that last week.
Rhoda, Sarah, Zion and I went over to great grandma's to see the new floor in her basement. Fedi and Tyler are almost done with that HUGE job from when mom's pipes broke that first week in January when it got down to -18.  Faith was over so she and great grandma Rhoda both got to play with Zion. Babies are just so much fun. 
I was pretty exhausted from yesterday and this morning's work so once I got home from mom's house laid down and took an hour long nap.  That nap was exactly what I needed.  Mark drove mom and me to church tonight. Tim Roecker had the service. Billy Graham died today and during the service Tim read a few of his quotes. It really wasn't about Billy, it was all about Jesus, His death on the cross to pay for my sin. It really was great to be in church.

No comments:

Post a Comment